Initiative for European Perspective (IEP) is founded in 2005 based on the Law on Associations and Foundations. IEP a civic organization aimed at developing democracy in society, protecting human rights and freedoms, combating all forms of discrimination, inhuman and degrading treatment, and encouraging citizens to become more active participants in the development of democracy at the local and national level. In its extensive experience, IEP has implemented projects for the development and education of citizens with special emphasis on youth and women, promotion and protection of the rights of various target groups, improving interethnic tolerance and multiculturalism, projects related to building resistance against radicalization, violent extremism, and terrorism, as well as resocialization and reintegration of Returning Foreign Terrorist Fighters (RFTFs) and their families. In terms of economic development of the country, as well as encouraging the less developed regions, IEP has implemented programs that contribute to strengthening the capacity for long-term active development of the country in full and integration of financially less developed regions by providing assistance and support, training and realization of development projects.
2. Project Background
Project title: The Path to Resilience and Community Based Reintegration of Vulnerable Families.
Overall objective: Initiating holistic approaches for sustainable reintegration of vulnerable families (including those with RFTF’s) in North Macedonia.
- Vulnerable groups feel a sense of integration and gain a sense of purpose;
- Local stakeholders/community leaders jointly participate in P/CVE & RRR process and assist vulnerable families;
- Receiving community members show reduced level of stigmatization/increased level of acceptance for returnees;
- The mainstream national and local media understand and create positive atmosphere;
- Strengthened institutional framework and coordination mechanisms for R&R actors;
- Front-line workers (FLW) achieve shared understanding related to P/CVE and R&R.
The project activities will take place on three regions of the country: six municipalities in Skopje Region: Chair, Gazi Baba, Butel, Studenichani, Saraj, Arachinovo; two municipalities in North-Eastern Statistical Region: Kumanovo and Lipkovo (considered as one municipal entity for the purpose of the Project), as well as one in Polog Region: Tetovo.
This project is funded by Global Community Engagement and Resilience Fund (GCERF) and implemented by Macedonian Center for International Cooperation (MCIC), Association of Citizens NEXUS Civil Concept (NEXUS), Initiative for European Perspective (IEP), Association for Active and Healthy Development of Women and Children “Pleiades” (Pleiades) and Association for Civic Activism and Encouraging Social Responsibility “Horizon Civitas” (Horizon Civitas).
3. Purpose and Scope of Work
The purpose of the Development of 8 economic plans for community reintegration in the target municipalities of Chair, Gazi Baba, Butel, Studenichani, Saraj, Arachinovo, Kumanovo/Lipkovo and Tetovo.
The labour expert will define the methodology for producing the 8 economic plans for community reintegration. The labour expert will utilize the collected and processed primary data on local labour market opportunities undertaken within the Project as well as secondary information to provide complete information on the labour market. The labour expert will produce the 8 economic plans for community integration in Macedonian or Albanian language whereas the Final Report will be produced in English language.
- Utilize the research performed under the Project on labour market opportunities in general and specifically for vulnerable groups such as RFTFs in the target municipalities;
- Collect secondary information through desk-top research on vocational/employment opportunities in general and specifically for the RFTFs in the target municipalities;
- Develop 8 economic plans for community integration in the target municipalities. The economic plans will have to be designed in a way to be incorporated into the existing or future local development strategies or as a stand-alone documents;
- Produce a Final Report detailing the work undertaken.
Confidentiality of information:
The expert mission will follow the principles of confidentiality. All documents and data collected will be treated as confidential and used solely to facilitate the analysis. All data and information provided is to be delivered to IEP, to be stored safely in line with policies in place. The collection and processing of data will be monitored, and the process supported/facilitated by IEP.
Intellectual Property Rights:
IEP reserves all intellectual property rights in relation to this expert mission and all related documents and data. No copies of this economic plans or data shall be used, reproduced or shared with other parties without written authorization of IEP.
The development of the 8 economic plans will be conducted by a selected consultancy or individual expert. Main method will include desk research, analysis of data provided under the Project and other relevant documents. IEP will oversee and manage the expert mission process and ensure compliance with this ToR. In addition, IEP will support: the process of further defining/adapting details of the methodology to be used and scope of data to be analysed. IEP is responsible for approval of the products by the involved consultancy/expert, as well as for most of the stages for conducting the expert mission.
5. Work Plan
30 working days throughout the period from February 11th 2022 until June 17th 2022.
|Assemble a team from IEP Select/contract consultancy/expert Finalize the methodology with the selected consultancy/expert Agree on the methodology for the expert mission||Week 1 – 2.5 (01.02 – 18.02.2022 )|
|Data Collection and Analysis / Production of first 2 economic plans|
|Facilitate data collection of the consultancy/expert Data validation with all involved actors in the research process Development of 2 draft economic plans||Week 2.5 – 4 (18.02 – 28.02)|
|Production of economic plans|
|Development of all 8 economic plans||Week 5 – 13 (01.03 – 29.04)|
|Incorporating comments in the 8 economic plans Draft Final Report production Finalising the Research Report in line with the agreed timeline, and with incorporated comments and suggestions by partners / GCERF.||Week 14 – 18 (02.05 – 17.06)|
All deliverables should be submitted electronically in Macedonian/English language to IEP, as required, whose team is responsible for reviewing and requesting revisions to draft deliveries and finally confirming the delivery outputs.
6. Content of the Research Report
Each of the 8 economic reports should be in Macedonian or Albanian language, between 10-13 pages, and consist of:
- Title Page and Table of Contents;
- Executive summary of key expert mission findings and recommendations;
- Introduction and background (the purpose, the objectives, coverage, scope and limitations);
- Methodology of the economic plan;
- Outline of strategic objectives, results and activities for labour market integration of the target group (as part of community reintegration)
- Conclusions and recommendations;
- Annexes where required: collected data, detailed methodology/instruments, list of interviewees (coded), bibliography.
The consultancy/expert should have the following essential skills and knowledge:
- Proven track record of developing local or international labour analysis with action plans;
- Demonstrated expertise in statistical analysis and sampling, development of quantitative and qualitative data collection tools, data analysis and visualization, and report writing (CV).
- University degree in social sciences, economics, business administration or similar or more than 7 years of experience in conducting similar tasks;
- In case of legal entity, registered activity in development of local labour plans/strategies from identified countries/municipalities/towns;
- Proficiency in English language for report preparation as well as compulsory knowledge of local languages (Macedonian or Albanian language).
8. Required documents for application
- Letter for expression of interest;
- References (at least 3 research/surveys in the last 7 years);
- CVs of experts (in case of individual experts applying);
- Financial proposal/offer in EUR and MKD.
The documents above should be sent to the following e-mail addresses: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com, no later than February 11th 2022.
9. Selection Process
Due to the small scale (costs) of activities to be carried out by the research entity/expert, the IEP will conduct a restricted call (three quotations for the consultancy/experts) as well as publication of the call to IEP web site (www.iep.mk). IEP will sensitize contractors that have proven track record in labour market analysis and/or working with labour market/municipalities/employers and/or the target groups of RFTFs and their families. Any questions of the interested parties should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com no later than February 13th 2022, with the title of the call in the subject line: “Development of 8 local economic plans for community reintegration”.