Initiative for European Perspective (IEP) was founded in 2005 with aim to support democracy growth in society, protect human rights, combat all forms of discrimination, inhuman and degrading treatment, and encourage citizens to become active participants in the development of democracy at the local and national level. In its extensive experience, IEP has implemented projects for development and education of citizens with special emphasis on youth and women, promotion and protection of the rights of various target groups, improving interethnic tolerance and multiculturalism, building resistance against radicalization, violent extremism and terrorism, as well as resocialization and reintegration of Returning Foreign Terrorist Fighters (RFTFs) and their families. In terms of economic development of the country, as well as encouraging the less developed regions, IEP has implemented projects that contribute to strengthening the capacity for long-term active development of the country and integration of less developed regions by aiding and support, training and realization of development projects. IEP has also implemented projects for tourism development in N. Macedonia, as well as activities related to climate change adaptation.
2. Project Background
Project title: The Path to Resilience and Community Based Reintegration of Vulnerable Families.
Overall objective: Initiating holistic approaches for sustainable reintegration of vulnerable families (including those with RFTF’s) in North Macedonia.
- Vulnerable groups feel a sense of integration and gain a sense of purpose;
- Local stakeholders/community leaders jointly participate in P/CVE & RRR process and assist vulnerable families;
- Receiving community members show reduced level of stigmatization/increased level of acceptance for returnees;
- The mainstream national and local media understand and create positive atmosphere;
- Strengthened institutional framework and coordination mechanisms for R&R actors;
- Front-line workers (FLW) achieve shared understanding related to P/CVE and R&R.
Implementing organizations and funding
This project is funded by Global Community Engagement and Resilience Fund (GCERF) and implemented by Macedonian Center for International Cooperation (MCIC), Association of Citizens NEXUS Civil Concept (NEXUS), Initiative for European Perspective (IEP), Association for Active and Healthy Development of Women and Children “Pleiades” (Pleiades) and Association for Civic Activism and Encouraging Social Responsibility “Horizon Civitas” (Horizon Civitas).
The project activities will take place in Skopje Planning Region: municipalities of Chair, Gazi Baba, Butel, Studenichani, Saraj, Arachinovo; two municipalities in North-eastern Planning Region: Kumanovo and Lipkovo, as well as one in Polog Planning Region: Tetovo.
3. Purpose and Scope of Work
The purpose of the Call is selection of developmental expert(s) to support identified RFTF/family members in increasing (self)employability opportunities, through development/outline of professional/vocational development profiles/plans. This will be performed through development of 10 to 15 individual portfolios outlining the professional/vocational/entrepreneurial potential of the RFTF/family members and possible labour market opportunities/linkages. The tasks include conducting of interviews with identified RFTF/family members who will have been previously mentored by psychologists / social workers. Thereafter, the expert(s) will also collect secondary information to provide information on the labour market as well as utilize the Projects outputs (labour market surveys in the target municipalities and local economic plans for (re)integration of vulnerable groups), as well as other relevant documents to support (self)employment of the target group.
- Conduct 10-15 interviews with identified RFTF/family members to gauge the potential for (self) employability, identify potential skills and propensity for (self) employment and sensitize/inform target groups on linkages to labour demand/supply, as required
- Collect, analyse and consolidate secondary labour market information to provide complete information thereof as well as utilize the produced labour market surveys in the target municipalities, local economic plans for (re)integration of vulnerable groups, as well as other relevant documents to support (self)employment of the target group
- Develop 10 to 15 individual portfolios outlining the professional/vocational/entrepreneurial potential of the RFTF/family members and possible labour market opportunities/linkages
Confidentiality of information:
The research will follow the principles of confidentiality. All documents and data collected will be treated as confidential and used solely to facilitate the analysis. The interviewing process will assure the anonymity and confidentiality for all the involved interviewees acquiring informed consent (the formal requests for interviews) beforehand while explaining the reasons for the interviewing process. Interviewees will be coded and will not be quoted in the reports without respondents’ permission. All data and information provided is to be delivered to IEP, to be stored safely in line with policies in place. The interviews will be monitored and the process supported/facilitated by IEP and/or project partners.
Intellectual Property Rights:
IEP reserves all intellectual property rights in relation to this study and all related documents and data. No copies of this report or data shall be used, reproduced or shared with other parties without written authorization of IEP.
The activity will be conducted by selected individual developmental expert(s) whose methodology will include desk research, interviews using semi-structured survey with predetermined set of questions, telephone / email / in-person interviews and individual plan development. IEP and project partners will oversee and manage the process and ensure compliance with this ToR. In addition, IEP will support: the process of further defining/adapting details of the methodology; designing questionnaires; and facilitate the selection and logistics for interviews of the target group. IEP is responsible for approval of the products by the involved expert(s).
5. Work Plan
45 working days throughout the period from September 2022 until November 2023 are foreseen of which 3 working days are required for development of one individual profile/plan.
|Deliverables||Time line (month)|
|Select/contract expert(s) Finalize the methodology with the selected expert(s) Finalize semi-structured questionnaires)||September 2022|
|Implementation phase I|
|Identify first batch of RFTF/family members Organize and conduct interviews with first batch of RFTF/family members Develop individual portfolio/plan with first batch of RFTF/family members||September – November 2022|
|Implementation phase II|
|Identify second batch of RFTF/family members Organize and conduct interviews with second batch of RFTF/family members Develop individual portfolio/plan with second batch of RFTF/family members||December – November 2023|
All deliverables should be submitted to IEP electronically and in hard copy, in Macedonian/Albanian and English language.
6. Contents of the Individual Portfolio/Plan
Each individual portfolio should be in Macedonian/Albanian language, as well as translated into English language, maximum of 5 pages, and consist of:
- Executive summary of key professional/vocational/entrepreneurial skills and opportunities of the targeted individual (1 page);
- Outline of identified present labour market/income generation skills and know-how (1 to 2 pages)
- Outline of potential labour market linkages, demand and supply that may result in income generation (1 to 2 pages)
- Outline of required skills, knowledge and know-how that may be required for achieving income generation potential (up to 1 page)
The selected expert(s) should have the following essential qualifications, skills and knowledge:
- University degree in social sciences, psychology, economics, business, law, or similar, or more than 7 years of experience in working in areas of labour market and/or local (economic) development and/or vulnerable groups
- Proven experience in designing, managing and/or conducting surveys/research for labour market and/or local economic development and/or vulnerable groups
- Preferable experience in conflict mediation and transformation, reconciliation and working with vulnerable groups.
- Proficiency in English language as well as compulsory knowledge of Macedonian and Albanian languages.
8. Required documents for application
- Letter for expression of interest
- References – information on similar assignments – (at least 1 in last 5 years)
- Financial proposal/offer in EUR and MKD
The documents above should be sent to the following e-mail addresses: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than August 31st 2022, with the title of the call in the subject line: “Development of individual plans for RFTF/family members to support (self)employability”.
9. Selection Process
IEP will conduct a restricted call (three quotations for the expert(s) as well as publication of the call to IEP web site (www.iep.mk) and sensitize contractors that have proven track record in working with vulnerable groups and/or working with labour market/municipalities/employers and/or the target groups of RFTFs and their families. Any questions of the interested parties should be addressed by e-mail to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than August 29th 2022.